Thursday, October 2, 2008

Buttermilk Waffles

This recipe is out of The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook. I've had this cookbook for years and have enjoyed many good recipes. This morning we made buttermilk waffles.









1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp double-acting baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups butter milk
2 eggs

Preheat waffle iron
In a large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredient to the dry mixture.
Pour batter into waffle iron (approximately ½ - ¾ a cup)
Cook according to manufacture’s directions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these waffles from this old cookbook but I rememember 1/3 cup veg oil as well. I used virgin olive oil sometimes and that was good too. I love to make waffles and this mix is the best!