Monday, July 18, 2011

Chicken With Sun-dried Tomatoes


The original recipe is from a 20011 calendar that has recipes, but I could not find a source.
It called for:
1lb fusilli pasta
8.5 oz jar of sun dried tomatoes (in oil)
1lb diced chicken
1 bunch asparagus (in 2" segments)
4 cloves of minces garlic
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
I modified the recipe slightly by seasoning my diced chicken with salt and white pepper, only using 2/3 of the jar of tomatoes, and adding sauteed mushrooms. This was more than enough for five people and only took around 30 minutes to make.

I started by cooking the pasta according to the package directions while I sauteed the chicken in the oil of the sun dried tomatoes. I suggest setting aside a cup of the pasta water in case you need it to loosen the pasta at the end. Once the chicken was cooked, I reserved it and began sauteing the asparagus. I added the mushrooms once the asparagus started to get tender. Next, I added the garlic and the tomatoes, and tossed in the pasta. I added about 1/4 cup of the pasta water which seemed to help distribute the seasoning and loosen the pasta. You will also want to salt and pepper and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the pasta at this point.

Enjoy!

No comments: