Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mushroom Quiche




Okay, I have to confess something, can you keep a secret? I LOVE MUSHROOMS! shh don't tell anyone, it's just between you and me.



Since we have a plethora of eggs and I have a slight fondness for mushrooms I decide to make a mushroom quiche.

This is all you need, how simple can it be? A premade pie shell and a few items from around your kitchen. Simple, I'm telling you. I started by preheating the oven to 450 while I broke out what I needed. Then I covered the pie shell with foil and baked it for about 10 minutes. While that was baking, I sauteed the mushrooms ( I just cut up a whole bunch , I don't know how many, if I had to guess, I'd say a lot!). You could buy pre-sliced and save yourself a bit more time. When they're done, spoon them out in to your egg mixture (I used about 4-5 eggs and some half and half, seriously use your best judgement people, we're not in kindergarten now are we) along with a couple of cups of Swiss cheese. Pour into your pie shell. I tossed in some parsley flakes for color. Bake this with foil covering the edges of the crust for about 30 minutes at 375.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That looks and sounds FANTASTIC! I love mushrooms too. Unfortunately, my hubby HATES them and this meal would not go over well at all in my house. I will have to make it sometime when he is not going to be home for dinner for a couple of nights.