Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet 'n' Tangy Chicken

You can make this for dinner
or just fix up a mess of wings for the game,
either way you'll be lovin' this chicken.

Per my usual, I didn't measure anything. Can't you just taste the artist comin' out in my cooking? For this meal you will need your chicken, the amount of the other ingredients really depends upon how much you're making. Let's pretend you gonna fix a couple of legs for the kids and some breast for the grown folk. (that's 4 pieces if your not keeping up)

You will need about 2 cups of ketchup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, a couple of good dashes of Worcestershire, a dollop of Dijon mustard and some garlic.

I salted and peppered my chicken then broiled it in the oven for about 20 minutes,
flipping it after in began to turn brown.
While the chicken was getting a suntan, I mixed the other ingredients in a bowl.
I tossed the chicken in the sauce and poured into my crock pot. Just a hit you might want to grease your crock pot before starting. Clean up will be much easier for you husbands. Trust me they will thank you.
Anyway, I cooked it all afternoon (3-4 hours) on low.

This is a nice change from the usual boring ole chicken. Good luck, it's good!

No comments: